backlink removal service

Friday, July 26, 2013

// // Leave a Comment

The First Buck I Earned

We were towards the end of our first week's training. It was a complete fun ride for everyone of us. The new world of SEO started showing its effects on us. We started wondering to ourselves when we used the words optimization, html, header tags, page rank etc. rather involuntarily. Thus we started diving into the deep sea of SEO. 

We were more shocked than surprised when our CEO wanted us to do a Whitepaper on "Digital Marketing Industry Analysis". What is a whitepaper? I seriously had this doubt. I was such a dumbass!! And I had a sigh of relief when our CEO explained what exactly is a whitepaper. And we were all set for drafting our first whitepaper.

Our team was Christened Team-A. The work was not as easy as we thought. Where to start? and how to start? were the major doubts we had. Finally we decided to do some research on the topic and we shared the information gathered through Skype. 

And then came the major task of analyzing various companies. We came across certain online tools by alexa.com and woorank.com which helped us a lot in analyzing the competitor websites. Using an online tool for the first time was just amazing. After three days of hard work, finally we have drafted our whitepaper and the day of presentation finally came.

We all were nervous. It worried us a little when we learnt that our CEO could't attend the presentation. We were called first and we entered the conference hall. We grew more nervous when we saw all the big heads there waiting to listen to our words. We started our presentation and we believed we did it well. What followed that is a series of queries, most of which we answered well.

After the presentation by Team-B, we all were invited to the conference hall. We were proud when our pluses were explained. We never even dreamt that we will get the first place. But that happened. I couldn't even believe my ears when I heard the announcement "The winners are getting a cash reward". What I heard was true. We, as a team received the prize and that was a huge sum - Rs.5000!!! 

I got my share Rs.1250 and I wanted to reach my home as early as possible to share this happy news. Finally after 23 years of existence in this earth, I EARNED MY FIRST BUCK!!

I haven't told you who are included in the pronoun "WE" in this whole post. "WE = Asha, Ashwini, Meena and myself". MY FIRST TEAM!!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment